Saturday, February 13, 2010

Week 22, Day 5


Happy Single Awareness Day! Okay, I know it's really Valentine's Day that's being celebrated tonight -- a day early since tonight is Saturday. But for those of us who are fat and single, this day is a reason to buy ourselves a box of chocolates and wallow in our loneliness. Right? Well, not this year. Not for me! I am going out to a healthy dinner and going to Barnes and Noble to splurge on a book. By myself, yes, but that's okay. I will also be transporting my son and his lovely date to and from their dinner and a movie since he doesn't have a car and her car is not available. So...it will be a good night. And yes...it will be a night without chocolate!

Today's Tip:
This Valentine's Day I choose to not focus on the love I don't have in my life. Instead I am choosing to focus on loving myself and being thankful for those I have in my life who do love me in ways I can barely imagine and with a depth I do not deserve. I'm very blessed! Allowing ourselves to get fat and unfit involved a lot of negativity. Let's choose each day to turn the negative habits of the past into new positive habits. Celebrate the good things!

No comments:

Post a Comment