Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Week 22, Day 1

There was a time when the thought of being 216 would have appalled me. Today I'm happy about it. I started this at 259 -- down from my all-time high of 279. So somehow 216 doesn't seem so bad. It's not looking like I'll make my 184 goal by my birthday, but I should come close. At least by the end of February I want to be under 200. That's only about 2 weeks to lose 16 pounds. Can I do it? We'll see. Like the Little Engine that Could, I think I can, I think I can!

No exercise today since I've spent most of it asleep. I've had a sinus headache for the past several days, and it's come to a peak the past 24 hours. I only woke up long enough to take Adam to work and to watch Biggest Loser. The good news is that I have only eaten a salad today, so at least my calorie intake has matched my activity level. Once the damp weather leaves, I'll feel much better. Tomorrow maybe? I feel motivated after seeing Biggest Loser. Isn't that a great show? I always feel so motivated and encouraged after watching it. :)

Today's Tip:
One of my all-time favorite Biggest Loser contestants is Coach Mo from last season. If you have a dollar --that's right, only a dollar, you can help him in his continued work with The Village of Louisville. Louisville, KY, is #1 in the nation for inactivity for youth( channel 11 report), 2nd in nation for obesity in youth, and 3rd for juvenile diabetes tied with southern Indiana. And Coach Mo and his team of volunteers are out to change that at The Village of Louisville, an outreach to the impoverished youth of the community that focuses on academic excellence (participants boast a 100% high school graduation with 94% going on to college), physical exercise, and healthy, nurturing athletic competition. And during these economically challenging times, The Village of Louisville is asking for only ONE DOLLAR. Can you spare a dollar for this worthy cause? Imagine what an impact we could have if each of us donated! Click here to donate or to learn more about Coach Mo's work with The Village of Louisville>> Donate a Dollar

No comments:

Post a Comment