Thursday, February 11, 2010

Week 22, Day 3

Does walking for 2 hours count? I think so! Of course, I'm not up to power walking yet, but even at a leisurely pace, I feel like I accomplished a good bit today. My legs are telling my I did, too! Adam had the day off and is feeling so much better than he did a couple of weeks ago when he was in the full throes of mono. So we went out. Lunch first. Then shopping and errands. Then stopping by Target simply because he felt like walking more than we had already in our other shopping--- and boy was it great to see him back to having that kind of energy. What a great challenge for me, too. The truth is that I was already tired before we got to Target. But I thought, hey, how many times have I gone alone to walk, and this time I get to do it with him. Heck no I wasn't going to turn it down! So yeah, my legs are tired now. But we had a really good time with each other today, and I feel great. :)

Food confession: I slept late -- really late, so we went right to lunch after I got up. Adam had been wanting pizza for a few days, so we went to our favorite pizzeria and I got 2 slices with chicken and green peppers, thin crust. We got home around 10:30 this evening, both of us to tired to really care what we ate. So we each had a little bit of cheese ravioli --and by a little bit I mean enough to fill up a saucer-sized plate.

Today's Tip:
I switched from dinner plates to using salad plates or saucers for dinner several weeks ago. Studies have shown that when people use smaller plates, they feel just as satisfied as they would if they had filled a full-sized plate, but of course, they eat less because the smaller plate holds less. While you may not want to go as small as saucer-sized plates, try the salad size. It really works!

No comments:

Post a Comment