Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Week 22, Day 2

You can tell I'm a night owl. I keep intending to write these blog postings earlier in the day when everyone is actually online. But here I am at 10 o'clock at night -- my version of "earlier". ha! In my defense, it's been a busy day clear through the evening, and this is the first time I've had to sit and gather my thoughts.

Busy...wow, I truly am no longer a couch potato. My sinuses have eased up a bit, so I ran errands today, did some housework, spent some frustrating hours working on a client's needs (I still don't know how to do Flash presentations -- and that's what they need for me to do), and began organizing some reference material I've gathered the past few years. Yes, you read that right -- I am organizing. Anyone who knows me knows that I tend toward the very unorganized side of life. So this is a major personality change for me, akin to a cosmic shift in the orbit of every planet in our galaxy. It's truly amazing what an increase in energy will do for someone -- a direct result of increased fitness. When I can hop, skip and jump without shaking the floorboards enough to rattle the pictures off the walls, I will do a Yippy Skippy dance to celebrate my many lifestyle changes and all their associated benefits. In the meantime, I will continue to organize -- I have much to do after a few years of not being able to. Yikes!

Okay, confession time: Food -- sandwich for breakfast, a half a cup of pasta and cheese for lunch, and a cup of ravioli for dinner. Not sure why, but I've really been craving pasta and cheese. A lot. And veggies. Last night I got up in the middle of the night to get a cup of mixed veggies. Weird. As for exercise -- lots of walking at the stores I went to today. I forgot to put my pedometer on, but I made sure I went around each store a couple of times before leaving just to get my walking in. And before I go to bed, I'll do some work with my weights. I need to get my arms strengthened to be ready to take care of my parents when Dad has his surgery. Mom broke her leg and is in a wheelchair now. She has a doctor's appointment a week after dad's surgery, so I'll be hoisting the wheelchair in and out of the trunk myself. I used to do this when Adam was little and going through all his orthopedic surgeries. It was a heavy bit then, and I was in better shape. So I've got to keep working on my arms now and make sure I'm ready to handle whatever I'm needed for in a few weeks.

Today's Tip:
Remember today is new. A fresh start. A clean slate. So if you didn't exercise as much as you wanted to last week, or if you didn't eat right yesterday, so what? Last week and yesterday are both gone. Hold on to the lessons learned, cherish the good memories, and let the rest of it go. Because if you wallow in what you didn't accomplish yesterday, you'll never be able to fully embrace what you CAN accomplish today. So with your clean start today, eat well, exercise as much as you can, and keep moving forward in your weight loss and fitness goals.


No comments:

Post a Comment