Friday, October 2, 2009

Week 3, Day 4

Last night I was REALLY really hungry by the time I got around to eating dinner. So Adam and I made a late-night run to IHOP. I ordered an omelet with chicken, green peppers, onions, salsa, and cheese on top. When it arrived, I scraped most of the cheese off the top and ate just the sprinkles beside the omelet. Overall, I think it was a pretty healthy choice. Plus, I brought half of it home and had it for lunch today.

No exercise today...yet. I'm about to head out and do some evening shopping at Target. I still need to get a soup pot, and I like their selection. Since they have groceries, too, I can get some ingredients. The walking will do me good. At least until my back starts giving me fits.

Last night I sent the materials to the designer for the newsletter I'm doing for the Brownville Historical Society. That's a bit of stress out the door. The stress will go away completely when it gets back from the printer next month and I find out what everyone thinks of it. For the past 15 years, it's been edited by my high school English teacher. Now I've got the job. I hope this first issue under my direction doesn't embarrass her or me. Usually, I don't worry so much about the things I write -- I'm good at what I do, and I've always nailed exactly what my clients want. But this ...this pro bono bit of work has me sweating bullets. My goal the next few weeks is to try to use the nervous energy on exercise.

The other work-related stress right now is the urgency of my learning how to do website Flash. I've got a client whose site I'm altering, and I've gotten everything done but the Flash on the home page. I've put a couple of months in on it, and the client is getting really upset. Ugh! Why can't I learn faster? My usual pattern is to grab a Milky Way bar or two and get on with it. I can't find the words to tell you how badly I want chocolate right now. Or pumpkin pie. With whipped cream on top.

Ugh. I'm off to walk. I need to do something away from my computer. Maybe the cold air outside will snap me back into diet-sense.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment