Sunday, September 27, 2009

Week 2, Day 6

I'm sitting here in a little town in rural Iowa, staying at my parents' house after having just spent the day celebrating my daughter-in-heart's birthday. (I refuse to use the term "daughter-in-law" unless totally necessary...it's such a cold term and doesn't reflect how much I adore her.) She looked especially pretty today, and she seemed to enjoy her gifts. Of course, an ample portion of today was also devoted to being a silly grandmother and playing with my grandbaby, the Mighty Liam. We played pat-a-cake, and we played noise games and tickle games, and we chatted about the doggie. At only 13 months old, he's just now becoming truly interactive and lots of fun. Days like today remind me of why I'm trying to lose weight: I want to be around for many, many more happy occasions with the family I love so very much. And unless I lose this weight, I won't be. 'Nuff said.

I ate well. One half a chicken breast sandwich with tomato and lettuce for breakfast. Then when we got to Iowa, I had a slice of ham, about a half a cup of mixed veggies, and a little bit of the fruity jello Mom made. I did okay with the birthday cake, too. Only a half a piece, and I ate it slowly so I oculd really enjoy each bite. It was good, but I don't think I'll want more dessert this coming week. I don't crave the sweets like I used to, and I'd just as soon have a banana or some yogurt after dinner. I think a major part of that is remembering that sweets only delay my progress on this diet. And why would I want to do that?

And now I'm off to bed. Happy Birthday, Victoria. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment