Monday, September 28, 2009

Week 2, Day 7

The day before my second weigh-in, and I couldn't be further from my goals. We spent most of the day in Iowa at my parents' house, and I ate way more than I normally would and food I shouldn't be eating on a diet. But how do you tell an 80 year old woman that the waffles she just made for breakfast and is so pleased to put on the table are yummies you can't eat? Or that the egg salad sandwich for lunch can't be on the menu? And the beef burrito with rice for dinner? Nope, I'm not going to hurt her feelings, and I'm not going to make a big deal of the diet. I ate, but I tried really hard to eat slowly and eat as little as possible without risking making her think I didn't like her food. I love my mama so very much, and the time with her is drawing far too short. I will find a way to be successful at achieving my health and fitness goals, but I will only do it in a loving way.

We got home late this evening. But I'm going to stay up late enough to put some serious time in on my bike after Adam goes to bed. And I'll brace myself for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment