Sunday, October 4, 2009

Week 3, Day 5

I finally got my soup pot, and I'm really happy with it. It's a T-Fal 8-quart non-stick (inside and out) pot with a glass lid. I also got some chicken bouillon and beef bouilon, beef stew meat, some frozen veggies (baby corn, carrots, red bell peppers, broccoli), and a little bit of bow-tie and penne pasta (it's amazing how satisfying only a handful of pasta in a batch of soup can be). I've got chicken breast already in the freezer from a sale a few weeks ago. So I'm set for making soup.

I had today what is becoming a weekly splurge (remember last Sunday's birthday cake for Victoria). I had a chicken sandwich with a slice of fat-free cheese on whole grain bread for breakfast and lunch. Then for dinner, Adam made tuna mac and cheese with mixed veggies. Not very diet-friendly, but very tasty. And for a late-night snack, I had VERY yummy Ben and Jerry's. Now before you think "Oh wow, she really blew it..", let me assure you it was the best possible ice cream choice. I don't know if they have it everywhere, but here in Omaha at the WalMart SuperCenter there is a three and a half ounce version of Ben and Jerry's. Cute little containers that are smaller than my fist (and I don't have big hands). It still packed a punch with 220 calories, but it was incredibly wonderful and satisfied my urge to splurge. I'm ready to be good for another week.

We went to see a movie tonight, and out of 24 screens, our movie was showing at the one as far as possible away from where we parked. All the way to the end and around to the back. Must have been God's way of telling me to move my butt a bit. Kind of ironic since the movie we saw, The Invention of Lying, spent considerable time making their point that God is a lie. (Boy will Ricky Gervais be surprised when he finds out the truth.)

After the movie, we spent about an hour and a half at WalMart. The first half hour was spent specifically shopping for the soup pot. But the next hour was spent walking up and down every aisle in the grocery section. I didn't have a lot to buy, so I just took the opportunity to walk. I can't go fast with my back hurting, so it wasn't like it would be if a normal person spent an hour walking. But it was still really good for me. And really, any time I spent with Adam is appreciated. (He and his brother Dan are my heroes -- there aren't enough words to say how much I love them!)

So, all in all, it was a good day. A very good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment