Sunday, March 14, 2010

Staying on Track, Week 26, Day 6


I've managed to make a Subway footlong last four days. Not something I planned on. I just haven't been hungry. A bowl of cream of wheat in the morning, a few bites of sandwich in the evenings seems to suit me fine. I did add a half cup of yogurt this evening. Now if I can add a bit more exercise, I'll be doing okay. I haven't really done any more than just generally taking care of the folks. Cooking, laundry, cleaning, running errands, transporting to doctors appointments, etc. No actual exercise. I need to get more disciplined to stay on track. I've got my resistance bands with me and can do leg lifts. I'm just tired in the evenings, and I hit the ground running in the mornings. Yup, need more discipline in order to get some real exercise in. I can't let my weight loss journey be derailed after I've come so far.

Company came yesterday. Dad's 90 year old best friend in the whole wide world (besides Mom, of course) came to spend the afternoon. It was great to hear the old stories. We think the world is rough and tumble these days, but hearing the stories, I'm pretty sure they had a pretty ornery bunch around the streets 75 years or so ago!

It cheered Dad up to have his buddy come. But he's spent the day in bed today. It's still going to be a few days before he can go out walking with me. And Mom fell the other evening. Clearly, they both still have a ways to go on the road to recovery. I planned on staying here in Iowa for 2 weeks, but it's beginning to look like it will be longer. Those of you who are praying people, please keep us on your list.

I've enjoyed seeing Little Man each day. He's speaking now. Sort of. He definitely has a vocabulary, but only he knows what he's saying. And he has the rosiest cheeks -- like a cherub in a picture. Of course, when he gets tired, his behavior is anything but cherubic. But he's still my little angel. I hope as he gets older he never remembers Fat Oma, only the new skinny me I'm working on developing. :)

Today's Tip:
My friend Sandra recommends this site: SparkPeople.com I haven't checked it out thoroughly, but it looks pretty good so far. She found it while looking for a gumbo recipe. Not only do they have recipes, but they have diet tips, nutrition and wellness info, videos, motivation, and more. Check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment