Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Headed the Right Way, Week 27, Day 1


So anyway, turns out I did have time to weigh myself today when I stopped by to see Adam, and I now weigh a measley 207. Okay, so 207 isn't exactly svelte. But it's 52 pounds slimmer than when I started 27 weeks ago, so I'll go ahead and accept it. :) I'm quite certain that barring miraculous intervention by God or some devastating illness, which by the way, I do NOT want, I will not make it to my goal of 184 pounds by March 27. But if I stay diligent, I''m pretty sure I'll get under 200 pounds. It's just 11 days from now -- and I have 8 pounds to lose. I'll have to make sure I work hard and watch every bite that crosses my lips. But I want this a lot, so I'm gonna try really hard. Cheer me on? Please?

I got some pretty good walking in today. Doctors appointments for Dad, some shopping, aisle-walking while waiting for prescriptions to be filled. He took us to a buffet for late lunch / early dinner, and I loaded up on salad and dinner veggies. Since that was mid-afternoon, I was hungry late in the evening and had a bowl of yogurt. So I think overall I ate pretty reasonably today.

Little Man gave me a kiss for the first time the night before last and another one tonight. With all that's been going on with Dad's health lately and nearly losing him, receiving my first kiss as a grandma was the perfect medicine to renew this lady's soul. Little Man is beginning potty training this week, too. Should I feel ...weird... that potty training and kissing his grandma for the first time are both happening in the same week? haha!!! Eh...I'll just focus on the kiss and be proud of him for his progress in the potty training and forget about the synchronicity. :)

Today's Tip:
Looking for ways to easily cut 100 calories from your diet? Woman's Health magazine tells how. Here are ways to cut calories at the drive-thru:

• Pass up a Wendy's baked potato with sour cream and chives and chow down on value fries instead.
Amazing but true.
• Have a McDonald's cheeseburger instead of a Quarter Pounder with cheese.
• Downsize your drink: Trade a large fountain soda (with ice) for a medium.
• Go for grill marks. Order a flame-broiled chicken sandwich rather than one that's breaded (and usually fried in oil).
• Treat yourself to an ice-cream cone at McDonald's instead of Dairy Queen.
• Crunch on one Taco Bell regular taco instead of a Ranchero Chicken Soft Taco. And all the hot sauce you want.
• Slurp a cup of Panera Bread's low-fat chicken noodle soup instead of the cream of chicken with wild rice.
• Make your daily pick-me-up at Starbucks a skinny vanilla latte, not a regular.
To get more tips from Woman's Health, including ways to cut 100 calories at breakfast, at lunch, on your snack break, in the kitchen, and more, visit here >>>
http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/cut-100-calories?cat=12597&tip=12594

No comments:

Post a Comment