Monday, March 15, 2010

Shhh....The Sidewalks Have Rolled Up for the Night, Week 26, Day 7


Did I really grow up in small towns? Surely not! If so, what happened to me? There seems to be NOTHING to do in this little burg! I've spent a couple of weeks taking care of my parents nearly non-stop, so tonight I stepped out for about an hour to get some fresh air and do something fun just for me. But I was at a loss. A quick spin around the town square told me nothing was going on there unless I was an avid drinker. A trip down Broadway finally convinced me that the only other thing to do in town was stop by the supermarket and get a walk in. It's a small store, but at least a few trips up and down each aisle gave me a bit of work on my fitness. I haven't done enough since being over here in Iowa, and my back has been paying the price. The past few days it has been excruciatingly painful to get out of bed. So I think I'm going to try to make time each day to head to the store and walk, even if it's only a little time. Beats sitting around watching Fox News for hours with Mom and Dad ( I love them, but really…Fox News ALL day? ). Yeehaw. I’m glad to be here, though. I wouldn’t trade this time for anything. Makes me grateful for family and the blessing of being in one that has always pulled together when needed.

Dad and I head over to Omaha tomorrow for another doctor's appointment. We had one today, too, but it was here in town. I'm eager to get to the city because I'll get to see Adam for a few minutes. I've missed him! This is the longest I've ever gone without seeing him. I've loved seeing First Son, Wifey, and Little Man every day, but I do so very much miss Adam. I hope he's ready for a huge, HUGE hug!

Tomorrow is weigh-in day, too. I'm not sure if I'll have time to fit that in or not. Mom and Dad don't have a reliable scale here, and I don't know if we'll have time tomorrow for me to only stop long enough to give Adam and squeeze and then run off to the drs appt or if I'll have time to pop in and weigh myself, too. I don't know that it matters -- I'm pretty sure I haven't lost anything.

TODAY’S TIP:
Oh my goodness, you definitely gotta have friends! Not just for the rough times in life, but because you’re not always going to find yourself in the most exciting venues on the planet. Surely if I could have called a friend to go for a walk with me tonight, or to just play a game of cards with or chat for an hour, it would have been a more pleasant evening. And certainly workouts and diets are a whole lot more fun when done with a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment