Thursday, March 18, 2010

Murphy is a Dirty Rat Fink, Week 27, Day 3

I'm pretty well convinced that Murphy is a jerk, and he and his nefarious Law can both take a flying leap off a short pier. Dad's surgery was a resounding success, and for that I'm truly grateful, but this past week I've taken Dad to a doctor nearly every day to deal with one complication after another. Rampant diarrhea, thrush, severe allergic reaction to meds to treat thrush --with the allergies causing oozing nasty itchy pustules all over, painful gout, swelling because of the allergic reaction and because he can't get up and walk because of the gout, breathing problems because of the swelling and because he's now out of shape from inactivity -- it just never stops. Yup, Murphy is an evil jerk.

It keeps me hopping, though, and reduces the appetite. So I guess I'm the beneficiary of some sort of twisted silver lining. Plus, to get out of the house for a bit of stress-reduction today, I went out for some walking and ran some errands. I walked at the store with a cart to get some distance and speed, and I walked at the town square on my own to get some stamina. I ate a few cheese ravioli for breakfast, a banana for lunch, and a pork chop and peas for dinner.

Today's Tip:
MSN is reporting that McDonald's is lowering the price of their soda pop in time for summer to boost sales. The article says, "Forget about worries about soft-drinks and obesity. Sell a product at a low enough price and the masses will come." What an appalling thing to say! Wall Street Journal is reporting that McDonald's is hoping the new pricing strategy will help introduce customers to their new beverage offerings, including smoothies and frappes -- all high calorie, by the way. Don't let a cheap price lure you in to this or any other trap! Regardless of how attractive a price may be, remember how UNattractive you will be if you give in to this grab for your money! Stay strong and keep making WISE choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment