Friday, November 13, 2009

Week 9, Day 4

Okay, I'm really not happy with Mother Nature right now. I don't know why in the middle of November my allergies are still going nuts. And after today, I'm not even sure anymore it's just allergies. I got incredibly tired this afternoon and took a nap. When I woke up, I had a fever. Not a terrible one, but enough to make me feel crappy. Body aches, headache, fatigue. Ugh.

Here's what I've been doing the past couple of weeks to fight it: 2 capsules of echinacea-goldenseal, 2000mg of vitamin C, 2000mg of garlic (odorless, of course), and a multivitamin. Plus, of course, I've been drinking loads of water (Mom taught me well). If anyone knows of anything else to make this crap go away, please let me know. I don't want to cover it, I want it gone.

In all the time I've watched the Biggest Loser show, I've never seen any advice about how to keep the fitness regimen going when a cold or the flu hits. I didn't do any exercising today except about 15 minutes of arm stuff with weights before I got up from my nap. I don't have a lot to burn off, though, because I've only had a sandwich to eat today. I wouldn't have eaten that, but I need food when I take my vitamins. No appetite, though. None. The only benefit I can see to all this cold or flu or whatever, I hope, is that my stomach will shrink and in the long run I won't crave as much to eat.

Today's Tip:
This is from the book The Biggest Loser Fitness Program, page 99. "There is nothing you cannot achieve if you put your mind to it, and this is certainly true when you think about your own body. Before long, you'll create the results you are looking for. You are in charge of your fitness destiny."

No comments:

Post a Comment