Sunday, November 15, 2009

Week 9, Day 5 and 6

Full blown fever, fatigue, aches, and all kinds of gunk in my head. Ugh. The past couple of days I've been mostly in bed sleeping. I did manage to get in about 30 minutes each day in exercising. A little biking, a little walking, a little weight work with my arms. I've had about 2 liters of water. I managed to keep down a sandwich each day, just to make sure I ate something. And lots of sleep. The good news is that I weighed myself, and I've lost two pounds. The silver lining.

Today's Tip:
I saw on one of my water bottles something really encouraging for those of us who are soda pop addicts. A 12 ounce sugared beverage ... pop, fruit juice, whatever...has about 140 calories. Replacing one sugared drink a day with water, and you've trimmed over 50,000 calories a year from your diet. I did the math for a 20 ounce bottle of Sprite, and the figures are even more stunning. A 20 ounce bottle has 240 calories. Removing one bottle of Sprite (or similar soda pop) a day from your diet saves you over 87,000 calories a year. That's like 25 pounds GONE! Amazing!

Now I'm going back to bed. I'm such a wimp. ::sigh::

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rabble Babble, hang in there, you're doing great. Sounds like the scale is tipping in the right direction!
    Sorry to hear about your illness. Colds/flu are just rampant right now. I just had a nasty bout with something and both my four-year-olds spiked fevers. When's spring?
    BTW, re subbing water for soda, what I like to drink on regular basis is lemon or lime-flavored seltzer water. It's yummy and fizzy like soda. But no calories! And no nasty artificial sweeteners!

    ReplyDelete