Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Week 9, Day 1

Ha! 'Bout time I get off that stinkin' plateau! Tonight I am three pounds away from a 20 pound loss. Not quite the big numbers the folks on the Biggest Loser show have gotten, but I'm not spending 6 hours a day in the gym. I'm going to work really hard this week and see if I can get those three pounds gone and actually hit the 20 pound mark. Then I'm aiming for an extra 10 pounds before Christmas.

Tonight's tip:

Actually a bit of inspiration from Shay Sorrells, a contestant on the show..."You can get your life back. You can live instead of die." Great words. Wise words. She came to the Biggest Loser ranch weighing 476 pounds. Tonight, after only nine weeks, she left the ranch weighing 376 pounds. Danny Cahill, another of the contestants, has been talking the past couple of weeks about getting his old self back, too, finding his fire again. And that's what is needed -- making the choice to live and finding the fire that propels us forward.

Let's see...two chicken and fat-free cheese sandwiches and a chicken taco with lettuce and a few cheese sprinkles. I think I'll have a yogurt later on. Exercise...about 30 minutes of walking and 20 minutes on my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment