Thursday, November 12, 2009

Week 9, Day 3

I was a good girl today. It's early in the evening, so I still have time to be a VERY good girl. I am having a salad for dinner, watermelon for dessert, and yogurt for a bedtime snack. I've walked for 45 minutes. And I am going to put in another 30 minutes or so doing miscellaneous exercises this evening. WooHoooo!

Today's Tip:
This is something from the book The Biggest Loser Success Secrets (don't forget, it's on sale for only $6.98 at Barnes and Noble!). Jenn Widder is from season five of the show, and she has this advice, "Eating too fast causes you to eat more. I've learned to eat more slowly and drink water with my meals, so that the feeling of satisfaction will register better." Thanks, Jenn! I had heard, too, (and I can't remember where) that sometimes we eat so fast that we don't ever savor the flavor. We eat so quickly that we hardly even realize we've eaten! In addition to overeating, eating too fast leads to digestive issues. I've made real efforts to try to slow down and appreciate the feel of the food in my mouth, both the flavors and textures, and to make sure it's all really chewed thoroughly before swallowing. Which I intend to go do now ... bon apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment