Thursday, November 5, 2009

Week 8, Day 3

Too much time in bed makes my back hurt worse, so I pretty much had to get up today, in spite of the cold I seem to have. Times like this it's no fun being an adult. I want to stay in bed and be pampered by my mama. But instead, I got up and did what I knew was best for me. I haven't exercised, but I have been upright and hoping this crap in my head starts draining soon.

My head hurts too much to focus very much today. But I did run across a really interesting article about high fructose corn syrup. I have read bits and pieces over the years about how bad it is for us and how it seems to be in everything. But this article seems to sum it all up and give good advice for combating its ill effects nutritionally. I highly recommend it: Metabolic Danger of High-Fructose Corn Syrup

Today's Tip:
When I posted on my Facebook wall that I wasn't feeling well, here is the advice I got from my friends:

1) Beth Dickson Neuhoff -- a proponent of clean eating who has given me some great advice along the way says:
Emergen-C!!!!! We have used it for 8 yrs and it's amazing!

2) Mindy Soranno -- one of my heroes, she is a triathlete, marathon runner, and amazingly strong woman in every way, says:
Sorry you don't feel well. Drink hot water with honey, lemon juice and cloves- it works!

3) Ann Marie Krahulec -- a powerful and healthy woman with great common sense says:
Just take care of yourself. Get lots of rest, plenty of fluids.

Thank you, friends! I am implementing your advice pronto and am happy to be able to share it with others. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment