Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Week 8, Day 1

I don't get it. Two weeks ago I weighed in at 248, and that's exactly where I sit today. All that extra running and playing with my grandson, all the biking, walking, and work on my arms, and not one pound was lost. How frustrating! Really, this is Week 8 and I'm doing everything right; I should be further along than this.

I'm tired of being fat. I'm working hard to change that. I miss being young enough that hard work equaled weight loss. Surely sooner or later the scales will begin moving downward again.

Chocolate sure would taste good right now. But that's how I got big...medicating my blues with food. Today is one of the days when I can practice finding other ways to be happy again. I need this too much to give up.

If you're dieting, too, please don't give up either. Surely we're strong enough to beat a Hershey bar, right? Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment