Friday, October 30, 2009

Week 7, Day 4

Dieting and healthy living seems to be so much about what's forbidden; lower calories, stop ingesting sugar, stay away from processed foods, etc. But according to Health.com there are really yummy foods that help in the weight loss war. Things like dips and desserts and other foods that I never think of as permissible, let alone a real help. Check it out!

I love my friends. And today was great because I had lunch with someone I absolutely adore and truly admire. She and I used to share an office, and she's just a fabulous person. I haven't seen her for months, and it did my heart good to see her again. She's losing weight with the Biggest Loser, too, and chose Jason's Deli for our healthy meal. It's really nice to hang out with someone who is on the same journey!

A word of warning about Jason's, though. It's a great place for natural and organic meals. So normally I feel really good about eating there. We each ordered the chicken salad wrap today and I got fruit with mine, making sure the let them know I didn't want any pineapple. I thought the wrap tasted really good, with a bit of a sweet flavor. I thought, too, that I detected some tiny bits of pineapple in the chicken salad. Nothing big, but enough to make me wonder. Pineapple wasn't listed in the ingredients on the menu, though, so I assumed I was wrong and didn't really think more about it. I was about halfway into my wrap when my friend got started on hers. A few bites into it she asked me if I thought it had pineapple in it. We both checked the menu again, which lists the ingredients in each of the items. No pineapple listed. But she took her wrap back up to the counter. Sure enough, pineapple. She and I both are severely allergic to pineapple. I was extremely disappointed, to say the least. Especially since I had told the lady who took my order that it was extremely important that I not have pineapple included in the fruit I ordered. I really feel that she should have said something about their being the offending fruit in the chicken salad. Really. So if you ever eat at Jason's Deli -- and I normally would highly recommend them, be SURE to ask about the ingredients if you have any allergies or special dietary needs.

I have done my exercising today. A half a mile of walking and about a half hour on the bike. I missed breakfast, had some of the chicken salad wrap and fruit for lunch, and haven't had dinner yet. I anticipate that I'll have some yogurt. Tonight Adam is back at work and I miss him -- so I would really like to have a lot of chocolate. Adam is so much hoping for a better, healthier life for me, though. So I will refrain for his sake and mine. But it won't be easy. Mmmmm....chocolate, yummy yummy chocolate..... NO! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment