Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Week 7, Day 1

Oh my goodness. I am so tired and hurt so bad. I got the opportunity to babysit with Little Man twice today, two hours this afternoon and three hours this evening. My parents were here, too, of course. But they are in their 80's. So I was the designated chaser. Up, down, around, over, under, cleaning up messes, picking up toys, and somehow finding time and energy to play Flying-Over-Oma's-Head game, knee bouncing, and foot toss with him throwing his blankie onto my foot and my tossing it back to him with the foot (just like leg lifts except fun!). And for some reason, Little Man insisted that he was going to play in the kitchen, and my mom has not kid-proofed it. So he would go zooming into the kitchen and I would have to retrieve him, listen to him cry and holler about it, and repeat the process too many times to count over the hours. Thank heavens Adam was here to help, too. He helped with the clean up, especially when Little Man took doggie's water bowl and flung it upside down -- clearly in defiance of my having told him many times to not touch it.

Between yesterday and today with Little Man, I've gotten more of a workout than I've had in a long time. And that's great! But as I said, I am so tired and hurt so bad tonight. As I look back on the day, however, I'm glad to have had so much activity because it gave me the opportunity to work off some of the food no-no's I've had today. Mom served cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Then for dinner we had chicken and noodles with carrots. I know I shouldn't eat pasta, but the noodles were really good, and there was no way to politely pick them out of the food anyway. Mom loads her chicken and noodles with plenty of chicken and carrots, so that was great.

We watched The Biggest Loser tonight. It was the first time my parents had seen the show. It was an especially good episode, too. Very moving and a very good example of the diet tips, motivation, and exercise ideas that I've come to enjoy in the show. However, I think Mom doesn't quite get the spirit of the whole thing I'm trying to do. She baked a chocolate cake today and served it for dessert right after The Biggest Loser. I declined, and as she brought the over-sized servings of cake out to the living room, she brought them right up to me and said with a laugh, "Wanna sniff?" That's why when I tried dieting when I lived with them a few years ago, I failed. Miserablly. But this time I did well. I declined and stuck to my guns. I knew with cinnamon rolls for breakfast, cake tonight would have been like poison. I'm learning. I'm making progress. I turned down chocolate cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment