Monday, October 26, 2009

Week 6, Day 7

Ah, this is the life! Today and tomorrow I am in Oma-land visiting Little Man, his parents, and my mom and dad. For the uninitiated, "oma" is German for "grandma", and Little Man is my one-year-old grandson. Aside from my heart being totally delighted tonight, I am so pleased with my fitness level. A month ago I had trouble lifting him over my head even for a little bit. Today he and I played the Flying-Over-Oma's-Head game. This is where I hoist him off the ground and up over my head, then give him a slight extra nudge so he is temporarily airborne...repeatedly (and not too quickly lest I scramble his little head innards). Then I bounced him on first one knee and then the next, then back to the Flying-Over-Oma's-Head game, followed by more knee bouncing, etc. He loved it! And my arms and legs didn't even hurt! I got a little dewey from the exertion, but I DID IT!!! For about 15 minutes straight! My mom commented that she could never have done that kind of thing with her grandkids. Clearly, the war I've waged against my arm wattle is working!!! Oh my, I am SO happy!

We're staying here in Iowa until Wednesday morning, so I'm undecided about whether or not I'll weigh in here tomrrow. I think it's important to weigh in on the same day and the same scales each week. So I'm debated the merits of skipping this week's weigh in. I'll see how I feel about that tomorrow. What are your thougths about it?

Besides the workout with Little Man, I have not done any other exercise. I had peanut butter and whole wheat toast for breakfast, a peach smoothie for lunch, and a cup of chicken with noodles and a cup of peas for dinner. My lovely daughter-in-heart brought mini creme puffs for dessert, pre-dished up with each of us getting six of them. The calorie content is approximately 220 calories. Not too bad all things considered.

Adam is busy playing video games with his brother and sister-in-law right now. If he comes back before it gets too late, I think we might go out for a brief walk, so maybe I can work off a bit of the creme puffs. But whether or not that happens, I will sleep well as I dream about the fun Little Man and I will have tomorrow. Ah yes, this really IS the life!

No comments:

Post a Comment