Thursday, October 29, 2009

Week 7, Day 3

Did I mention yesterday that Little Man weighs just a little under 25 pounds? Knowing that and the fact that I was able to do lifts pushing him up and down above my head makes me even more amazed at the progress I've made. I'll see him again at Thanksgiving, and I want to work really hard between now and then so I can play with him more and maybe not get so worn out. As he gets older, there are going to be more and more activities requiring that I be fit and able. I want to be ready!

Today is the last day of Adam's vacation. I'm so glad he took the time off! He needed it. I wish we had had the money to go out of town and just totally get away from it all for him, but he seems to have enjoyed just having a whole lot of nothing to do. I think we'll do something special for dinner this last night. Then tomorrow we're having lunch with a friend before he goes to work at 2. I don't like exercising in front of him, so I haven't done much on my bike this week. I hope I have the gumption to ride it more regularly once he goes back to work. I tend toward the lazy side of life at times, so I really need to keep pushing each day or I'll never make this whole weight loss thing happen.

I've got my hand weights by the couch so I can easily just pick them up and do my wattle battle while I'm watching television. See what I mean? Lazy. But this seems to work well with doing stuff while the boob-tube is on. If I get involved in the story, I don't even think about my arms getting tired so I end up doing more. My little way of tricking myself.

I'm off now to get my hair cut. I had hoped to do it as a reward for a 20 pound loss. But it can't wait. So just a cut now, and then once I dip under the 200 pound milestone, I'll do something like get my hair dyed or maybe just a real kicky cut and some new clothes. Something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment