Monday, October 5, 2009

Week 3, Day 7

I doubted myself last night. The soup was simple to make, of course. But as the meat was simmering, it smelled like an old dirty dog. I did NOT have great hopes for what the finished meal would taste like. But after the soup had been on the stove for a few hours and by the time Adam got home from work, the house was smelling marvelous, and the soup tasted delicious. No hint of icky dog! We each had two bowls of it, and there was enough left over for likewise tonight.

I should have been walking and biking today since it's the last day before the weigh in tomorrow. But I just didn't have it in me. I've been completely worn out all day and feel bloated and icky. I sneaked a look at the scales, and it's not looking good. And that, of course, only makes me feel depressed on top of being worn out. Not one of my favorite days.

Today I've eaten a chicken and fat-free cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread, a bowl of soup, and a container of yogurt. Maybe more than I should have eaten since I haven't done anything to work it off. I don't know. I've heard that you shouldn't eat too little or your body will start hoarding fat. But I've also heard that to lose weight, you should only eat no more than what you can burn off. I'll figure it out another day.

Thank goodness tomorrow isn't Monday.

ADDENDUM: After posting this, I got a lovely call from my friend Bonnie. She and I have been friends since we were teenagers. I'm so fortunate to have friends who have been a part of my life for such a long time! I feel very blessed. We talked for a couple of hours and probably could have gone on for longer. At the end of the conversation, she gave me such a wonderful pep talk about my quest for a New Suit. She loves me and believes in me, and I know there are others who do, too. What a great way to turn around a day that seemed so depressing!

God bless my friends, each and every one, new and long-time and those I haven't even met yet. Bonnie, Charlotte, Susan, Beth, Ann Marie, Hunter, Sharon, Rae, Chessly, Bridget, Carolyn, Mindy and so many more not listed here -- you've all offered me such wonderful encouragement, helpful suggestions, and unconditional love as I work toward a healthier and more fit me. I love and appreciate you all so very much! It is because of you and my family that my life has been richer, fuller, and more beautiful than anyone even has a right to hope for.

Thanks for calling, Bonnie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment