Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Week 2, Day 2

The show was great last night. I really like these people, and I appreciate the trainers' advice throughout the show. I don't have a favorite contestant I'm rooting for yet -- I really love them all. And the really neat thing about last night is that NONE of the contestants had to go home. Very cool. :)

"Watching your diet, counting your calories, moving....it works!" --Abby, Biggest Loser, Season 8 contestant.

I went to the doctor today about my back. Not my choice to go. Adam was home yesterday when I was in so much pain, and he insisted that I go. In fact, he made the appointment and then told me he wouldn't take no for an answer. Good son. Since I don't have health insurance and am on unemployment --which isn't a whole bunch of money -- he even said he would pay for the doctor and tests if I couldn't pay. Poor kid. I'm sorry I worry him. He's such a caring person.

Anyway, the doctor gave me some prescriptions for heavy duty pain killers. And he said if they don't work, he will refer me on to a surgeon. He believes there's a possibility that anything beyond what painkillers can handle will be related to my history of scoliosis and will need surgical intervention. So...a bit of a depressing day.

I think I must be one of those people who doesn't handle things well. Stress. Pain. Fear. Depressing stuff. My body tends to react by going to sleep. So I slept a lot today. No exercise, no eating. Just sleep. And frankly, I'd like to be sleeping right now. I'll get over it. I always do. I'm just going to wallow in all this tonight, and then I'll be up and "normal" tomorrow.

There was good news at the doctor's office today. You know, they always weigh people when they arrive. I wasn't looking forward to that. I didn't want to find out that I had gained weight. But I was pleasantly surprised. The scales said 254, which means a 5 pound loss instead of only 3. I'm not going to allow myself to get into the trap of weighing myself each day, though, because I know I'll just end up riding the highs and lows as weight fluctuates from day to day. But it was really nice to see 254 on the scale today!

Food: I had a small pop on the way to the doctor and four tater-tots from Adam's meal from Sonic. I woke up hungry this evening. Adam wanted pizza. I got pizza and a breadbowl pasta for him and pasta primavera pasta bowl for me from Dominos. Pasta, spinach, tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms. I had a bit of his pizza too...just a small piece. I checked their website , and it says only 543 calories. I realize I could have eaten a lot more and a lot healthier things. But the pasta made me happier. And 543 calories isn't terrible. I'm stuffed now. But I may eat a banana before bed if I get hungry.

Tomorrow I'll get back on the bike and eat well. I need to lose weight before surgery (okay, IF there is a surgery...) so risks are limited and recovery will be easier. Gotta keep moving forward...awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment