Monday, January 25, 2010

Week 19, Day 7

I've taken a week off from writing in A New Suit. It's not for lack of things to say. Quite the contrary, I've had too much to say. My head's been swimming so much it's hard to sort it all out and write it down. The long and the short of it from a weight loss perspective is that I've at least maintained my weight this past week. I don't know if I've lost; I'll weigh in tomorrow and know for sure. But I'm certain I haven't gained. I've had a few indulgences -- yesterday I had a small bit of ice cream for a treat, for instance, but I worked it off. And I've kept active, walking more than I have in awhile, and keeping up with the weights and stair-climbing.

Dad's surgery is scheduled for March 1. He and Mom will be staying with me the night before. And if he survives the whole ordeal, he wants to stay with me a day or two before heading back to Iowa -- and hour and a half away from his cardiologist. I'll be going back with them for a couple of weeks to help with his recovery. So that gives me about a month to increase my fitness level to be ready for the task. Dad does most of the household chores and caring for Mom, so I'll have my hands full. The work I've been doing already to make myself stronger came at a good time. I don't really care anymore about the 50 by 50 Challenge I set for myself. I just want to be able to help my parents. Please keep our family in your prayers.

Today's Tip:
We can't see what the future holds in store for us. Losing weight and getting fit right NOW (and every day we work toward that goal) makes us ready for whatever lies ahead -- ready to handle the challenges and ready to thoroughly enjoy every moment of the good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment