Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 18, Day 7

It's been a great day. Awesome business meeting this morning, great call from Dad this afternoon, and tons of stuff got done. Super! I got busy early and forgot to do breakfast, and I had a grilled chicken salad for lunch that stretched into dinner. I got it at Sonic when I took Adam to work -- only 250 calories of yumminess. And it was surprising large. I used to get salads at Burger King, but for the same price I get about half again as much at Sonic. So I think it's my new favorite fast food. However, I'm pretty sure I'm going to want a sandwich or something later. Still...good calorie maintenance today.

Exercise confession -- nothing but the usual today. I wanted to get in a bit more work, but I was glad to fit in time in spite of being busy. That means when life gets back to normal, I'll still be able to maintain a fitness regimen and keep this whole thing going. No going back to the way things were!

Today's Tip:
Chilly weather seems to bring out the desire for comfort foods more than other times in the year. You can enjoy comfort foods without packing on the pounds. Nubella, a division of Quality Health, offers this free ebook with all kinds of recipes for yummy, diet-sensitive Comfort Foods. As for me, I think I would make a few substitutions -- whole wheat pasta, a bit less cheese, only the top crust on the pot pie instead of a full crust, etc. But these are yummy recipes that really don't need a lot of altering to be diet-friendly. Enjoy!

Click here for recipe ebook>>> FREE recipe ebook

No comments:

Post a Comment