Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Week 20, Day 1

Ah ha, 218 pounds. Down from my beginning weight in September of 259. Only 19 to go to get myself under 200. 'Bout stinkin' time!

My back still hurts -- losing weight has not helped that. I had several weeks when it didn't hurt, but the cold damp weather of winter seems to have brought back the pain with a vengeance. That's okay. It doesn't stop me anymore. It slows me down. I go for a bit, stop until it abates, then get right back up and go some more. But nothing stops me now.

Eating right is easier. My appetite is not gigantic anymore. It helps that I have switched to smaller plates. I fill up a salad-sized plate and feel like I really indulged, when in fact I have eaten very little in comparison to what I used to. Plus, I stay busy so I don't think about food so much. I've also turned off the TV more -- so I'm not exposed to so many commercials tempting me to eat their yummy food. Food today: two bowls of cereal and a cup of veggies. Exercise today: 20 minutes of walking, 10 minutes of leg lifts, and 15 minutes of weight work.

Biggest Loser is on again tonight. And the question each week is always, "What have you done lately to make yourself proud?" Good question. Do you have an answer? I do!

Today's Tip:
Celebrate! Each week you make progress ---even a little bit of progress --is a cause to be proud. You didn't put the weight on overnight, and you won't take it off that quickly either. But as long as you are working toward your goal, you ARE winning the battle! Again I say CELEBRATE! It will make the rest of the journey easier if you remember to thank yourself and stop long enough to appreciate and celebrate the progress you are making.

No comments:

Post a Comment