Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Week 20, Day 2

There's nothing quite like having a sick kid who doesn't want to eat to push your own appetite way down to the lower levels. I've had two small bowls of simple lettuce salad today and will have a sandwich in a bit. Probably only about 400 calories total for the day at the most. And that's okay! I've done leg lifts and squats until I feel like my leg muscles will never stop burning -- and that's okay, too. Adam says he's lost 10 pounds while he's been sick. Tough way to lose weight. I want to drop the pounds, but not that way. I like this gradual approach much better!

Today's Tip:
I've been trying really hard to always have some kind of breakfast. I've learned that it's really the best way to get your metabolism revved up for the day, and I need all the help I can get! The right cereal can be a great breakfast. My favorite is hot oatmeal. But on days when I don't have time to cook oatmeal, a bowl of cold cereal is fine, too. But not all cold cereals are created equal! We all know, of course, the Fruit Loops are not health food. Heck, they're not even really FOOD! But what about the others that may seem okay but you're not sure? The writers at Eat This, Not That have a new list that helps, "The Best and Worst Cereals". According to them, "The average American consumes more than 160 bowls of cereal a year, so picking the right box could mean knocking 15 pounds off your waistline yearly and infusing your diet with massive doses of vital nutrients." Check it out at: The Best and Worst Cereals

Do you have a favorite cereal? Let me know! Mine is Cascadian Farm's Flax Right with Pomegranate and Raspberry Clusters. mmmmm....Yummy! Not on the Eat This, Not That list, but still the best I've ever had! Organic and it easily holds me until lunch -- VERY important!


No comments:

Post a Comment