Thursday, December 3, 2009

Week 12, Day 3

Cheap chicken noodle soup may be mmmm...good, but I think I made a mistake in eating some tonight. Not only is it 17 degrees and snowing outside (perfect soup weather), but now, because I ate salty, crappy canned soup, I am swollen up like a Thanksgiving Day parade balloon. So much for "comfort food". Something inside me tells me it wasn't even really "food".

The good thing is that I'm drinking tons of water, partially because the salt made me so darned thirsty and partially because I want to flush all this sodium out of my system as soon as possible. Drinking all the water has my stomach bloated, so I can't possibly eat anything. That would be silver lining to this sodium poisoned cloud.

I've been writing all day, so I haven't done any exercising yet, but after I get done here, I will spend a half hour on my bike and a half hour working on my arms. Little Man keeps getting bigger each day, so I need to make sure I keep working on my arms to keep up. Seems funny...it's like I am losing weight, and he's finding it. :)

My cousin told me yesterday that she's coming for a visit in March. We haven't seen each other in about 15 years. I want to be able to go and do plenty with her while she's here, so I've got about 4 months to get myself in far better shape. Plus, I want to make sure there are plenty of pictures taken of the two of us, so I want to look my best. I'd hate to look back on the pictures in coming years and feel bad about myself. Maybe that's vain, but it's honest. And it's great motivation to keep working! Anything that keeps me moving forward can't be all bad, right?

Today's Tip:
If you're trying to lose weight, let your family know and ask them to get you weight loss-related gifts for Christmas. Some ideas are here on the left column <---, but you can make your own list and let them know. Maybe new digital scales for your bathroom, or a food scale so you can weigh your portions. Or how about hand weights or resistance bands? Your friends and family don't have to spend a lot in order to help you reach your goals! Please mention the links on this site - if they order anything from Amazon and enter the site from here, I get a small portion of the total spent, which will be use to help my son get to college. It's not easy being a single mom, and every bit helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment