Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Week 12, Day 2

Cold weather makes me want to go hibernate like some big fat, sleepy bear. It's been so nice and comfortable so far this Fall, but today it turned cold. Energy, I need energy, not hibernation!!! I'll never make my weight loss goals if I stay so sluggish. Ugh!!

I did my blog entry last night while the first hour the Biggest Loser show was on. But during the second hour there was a marathon the contestants had to do. I'm nowhere near ready for anything like that myself, and frankly, at this point I can't see that far ahead to even dream of it. But I did do my part toward making it a possibility. While they were all running and struggling, I was on my bike pedaling my heart out. It's the longest I've been on my bike, and it was hard. But it made me feel just a bit closer to achieving success like these folks have. It was cool, too, because when the contestants were struggling, there were former contestants and friends and such who would come alongside them and encourage them to keep going to the finish line. And it was like they were talking to me, too, as I worked on my bike.

I loved last night's Biggest Loser show. Don't forget to vote! Danny and Rudy are for sure in the final three, but Liz and Amanda are duking it out for the third spot. We viewers are the ones who will decide with our votes at the NBC website. I don't usually get wrapped up in reality TV audience votes. But these two are really special people, easy to care about. :)

Um, let's see....today I've eaten a chicken and vegetable thing from Manchu Wok (only 400 calories) and a cookie (shhh!), walked around the mall a bit, worked on my arm exercises, and I'll be on the bike later on. I feel a bit hungry right now, so I'll drink another bottle of water and go see what looks good. More and more we've gotten good food in the house so that we don't have to worry about it in terms of "good" or "bad". Yayee!

Today's Tip:
I saw this posted on a friend's Facebook wall today:

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." Wayne Dyer

And that's the thing to remember when the going gets tough -- and weight loss IS tough. We can stay miserable, or we can make the RIGHT choices and we can get up off our butts and spend a few more minutes working on our future. We CAN do this!

Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment