Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Week 12, Day 1

Biggest Loser was awesome tonight. I wrote down one quote that struck me as particularly inspiring: "I have control of my destiny, and it's going to be way different." (Liz Young -- the 49 year old grandma on the show, the one who is "me".) That's the choice for overweight people, isn't it? We DO have control, and we can either choose to continue with the way things have been and deal with those consequences, or we can choose a future that's way different. As for me and my house, we have chosen to make things "way different". Thank you, Liz!

The holidays didn't take a terrible toll on me. I didn't lose weight, but I didn't gain either. And I cheated a bit through the week, so I'm glad I worked extra and I'm glad I had the determination to not completely go back to my old ways. So here I sit, still at a 22 pound loss.

Not much in the way of exercise yet, but Adam and I are going out after the show. Plus, I'm doing arm lifts during the show. As for food, I've had yogurt for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and a bowl of beets for dinner.

Today's Tip:
Things I gathered from tonight's show. 1) It's NOT too late. 2) Face the fear and work through it. 3) Don't let a day go by without working on this. 4) Do it for yourself. 5) Once you have succeeded (and you WILL), don't EVER go back to the way you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment