Saturday, October 17, 2009

Week 5, Day 5

Back to semi-normal today -- I say "semi" because I've never been completely normal. That would be too boring. But I felt good today. Spent some time on the bike several times throughout the day. I forgot to keep track of how many miles. But that's okay. I found it a lot easier to put in time biking doing a few minutes throughout the day rather than try for 30 minutes or an hour all at once.

My goal is to be in good enough shape by Spring that I can get a regular bicycle and go outside biking through the neighborhood. When I was young, I biked all the time, especially during summer break from school. Gosh, I'd go all day, day after day, just biking all over town. I lived in a small town, then. Living in a city now, I would be more careful about the paths I take -- city traffic is dangerous enough when there's a bunch of metal between me and the nut jobs in other cars. Omaha doesn't have bike lanes on the main roads, either. That's one of many things I miss about living in Denver. With so much emphasis on "green" energy and reducing our carbon imprint, you would think more cities would encourage bicycling.

Food today was alright so far -- sandwich with whole wheat bread, chicken, and fat-free cheese, a half a cup of chili, and two yogurts. I am hungry right now for some veggies, so I might have a small bowl of soup for a late-night snack.

Tip for Today: My friend Beth suggests this for conquering the 10:30am munchies --- "Handful of almonds, some dark chocolate morsels and some dried cranberries mid- morning is a great healthy filler." Thanks, Beth!

No comments:

Post a Comment