Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Week 5, Day 2

Still looking for yummy recipes that fit with a weight loss regimen. The best laid plans, as they say.... My soup is crappy because what few noodles I put in turned to mush. Must be a sign to give up even those few noodles. Plus, I need to get a little better with spices because it tastes kind of bland to me.

Had to get creative with the exercise today. More upper body than bothering my legs right now. Adam was right -- my legs needed a day off from walking. But I like doing something each day--anything to keep moving forward. It's a different habit for me, but more and more I feel really good about it.

I had oatmeal for breakfast. I'm not usually a fan of oatmeal until it gets cold out, and today is cold and rainy -- the perfect weather for a hot bowl of oats. Had a banana sandwich with a tablespoon of peanut butter for lunch. And a half a cup of leftovers from last night's dinner by Adam.

Today's Tip: My friend Ann Marie posted something interesting on her Facebook wall today. I had read this before, but it bears repeating. Ann Marie said, "Heard an interesting comment about tv watching and gaining weight. They said those that watched less tv are more likely to keep off the weight they have lost in 1 year than those that don't (2 pounds gained back vs. 9). In fact, they recommend ...less than 10 hours a week."

No comments:

Post a Comment