Saturday, September 19, 2009

Week 1, Day 5

I dunno. I keep thinking that those people on Biggest Loser, one by one, will be going home in the coming weeks. And they will face "real" life. People. Restaurants. Stresses. Jobs. All that good stuff. And they will still be expected to continue losing weight until the finale of the show. So....ergo, I should be able to live a fairly normal life and still lose weight. Right? I keep trying to make the right choices. But I don't know if I'm on the right track. I feel bloated and huge. I saw my profile in a store window as I was seated outside on a bench, and I look like a big lumpy ball. And I hurt. I didn't walk very much -- only about an eighth of the mall, but I hurt. So I'm a big lumpy ball with no muscles and no stamina and no breath. Ughhh. I hate myself for letting me get into this shape.

Adam and I went out and did some shopping for my dad today. And Adam needed to get a gift for his sister-in-law's upcoming birthday. Being the dutiful and loving mother-in-law, I already have my gifts for her. (So neener, neener.) Actually, Adam has been sure for several months what he was going to get her, but when he went online to purchase it, they were sold out. Who would have figured "The Pirate's Guide to Parenting" would be so popular?

Between shopping venues, we stopped for lunch / dinner. I had only eaten a banana today, so I was pretty hungry. That explains why HuHot sounded so good. For those who don't know, HuHot is a Mongolian all-you-can-eat restaurant. You gather the ingredients you want, then take it to the grill to be cooked while you wait and watch. Now, I realize that an all-you-can-eat place is probably not the best choice for someone who is 1) on a diet, and 2) bemoaning their lack of progress on said diet. But....I did well. Loads of veggies and only one trip back through the line. I had a few noodles, but way fewer than I usually have. Mostly it was just enough pasta delight to make my craving go away. The rest of the food was a little chicken and a variety of veggies. And then we went to the mall and walked off our sins.

Well...."walked off" to the extent that my blobby body allowed. I really have to work in the coming days to make my legs stronger so I can do more walking. I HAVE to. No options. (Forgot to stop by Target and get a pedometer today. Will try to remember tomorrow.) I only really have tomorrow and Monday before I weigh myself on Tuesday morning. Gotta keep trying. .....

No comments:

Post a Comment