Saturday, April 10, 2010

Vroom, Vroom! Week 30, Day 5

I've lost another pound and a half. I'm not sure where, though. My clothes don't seem looser. Well, my shirts do a bit, but my jeans are still the same size. Never in my life has it EVER been easy to take weight off my butt. My boobs disappear in the blink of an eye, but my rear stays until the bitter end (terrible pun, right?). This has convinced me, once and for all, that life is just plain not fair. But when you get as big as I did, I guess any weight lost is okay, even if it's not all from the places I would have chosen. I just need to stay diligent with the leg lifts and walking.

Speaking of walking...and not walking, I took Dad out driving today for the first time since his surgery on March 1. He did really well. I only had to remind him of a couple of things. It wore him out, but it did a lot to lift his spirits to be back behind the wheel again. When I go back to Omaha, I'll be doing the same with Adam -- he's more than ready to get his driver's license, so I'll be taking him out to teach him to drive. Opposite ends of the age spectrum, and I get to help them both become independent and road-worthy. As a reward, I have a box of hair color for myself to cover the extra grey hairs I've been earning. I'll experiment with that when I get home and things settle down a bit. (They will settle down some day, right?) Pretty new hair color will look great with my new slimmer body, too! Woohoo!

Today's Tip:
Did you ever think of celery as a "power food"? The folks at Eat This, Not That do. It's among six of the power foods they recommend because celery has bone-beneficial silicon and cancer-fighting phenolic acids. But celery and the other power-filled five on the list are under-appreciated. Don't be missing out! Check out the list and explanations at >>>http://menshealth.r.delivery.net/r/c/r?2.1.3MK.2oN.166bcU.HTLVuc..H.Cxw8.1fXK.bW89MQ__DFcAFRN0





No comments:

Post a Comment