Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Soup's On, Week 30, Day 2

Another 3 pounds gone. I've found that I can eat soup if it's lukewarm and if I drink it through a straw so it bypasses my teeth. So I'm getting some food, but I'm down to about 220 calories a day. Between a much lower caloric intake and walking about a half a mile a day with Dad, plus running errands for the folks, the weight is coming off pretty easily. Not the way I anticipated, and I think it's safe to say this isn't the most ideal way, but at least something good is coming of this.

Today's Tip:
Eating out doesn't have to destroy your diet. Eat This, Not That has a list of the 20 Best Restaurant Foods in America. Surprisingly, the list even includes something from Starbucks: their Perfect Oatmeal with Nut Medley and a Grande Americano. McDonald's Egg McMuffin makes the list, too, because of the 18 grams of protein. Though I question some of their choices from a weight-loss standpoint and certainly from the view of natural foods, their logic is explained, and this brief slideshow is worth a quick look >> http://eatthis.womenshealthmag.com/slideshow/20-best-restaurant-foods-america?cm_mmc=Yahoo-_-ETNT-_-Worst_Mall_Foods-_-20_Best_Restaurant_Foods_Slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment