Monday, March 29, 2010

Plus, Plus, Minus --Week 28, Day 7


Today was the day for stepping up the pace. This whole past month of traipsing around various hospitals, I haven't been wearing the new fitness shoes Adam bought me for Christmas. It seemed like an unnecessary stress at a time when I had enough stresses. But today I added them back to my walking routine. Plus, I started carrying 5 pound weights as I walk. PLUS, Dad and I worked up to a half a mile. All these pluses hopefully will lead more quickly to a bunch of minuses on the scale!

I had cream of wheat for breakfast and a half an onion and garlic bagel for lunch. Mom made dinner. Not so diet-friendly, but very nice of her -- spam, lots of potatoes with butter, and mixed veggies. I'll do extra leg lifts tonight to try to work it off. Choices. Sometimes not being rude is the better choice.

Today's Tip:
Prevention Magazine online is featuring 6 Eating Rules for Faster Weight Loss. Rule Number One is about Fiber:
Eat at least 20 grams of fiber per day from whole grains, fruits, and
vegetables. Fiber helps keep you feeling full longer—a big benefit when
you’re trying to lose weight. A 2009 study from Brigham Young University
College of Health and Human Performance demonstrated that women who ate more
fiber significantly lowered their risk of gaining weight and fat. Each gram
of fiber eaten correlated to 1/2 pound less body weight. The researchers
suspect that the higher fiber intake led to a reduction in total calories
over time.

To read more of the tips, go to Prevention at: http://online.prevention.com/6eatingrules/index.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment