Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Week 23, Day 2

Yesterday I was down a pound from last week. Today I'm up two. And depressed about it. I guess that's why I only weigh once a week. I feel all mushy and flabby and my clothes don't fit right. Both my body and my clothes are too baggy in some places and tight in others. Not attractive! And more than a little frustrating. I'll be glad when I make more progress. I figure in another month I'll need to go shopping again. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

I did 50 leg lifts today and walked 3/4 mile at the store when I went out to do the grocery shopping. Tonight I'll put in some time on the bike and do some weight work on my arms. I've got a week and a half before Dad's surgery and a month and a half before my birthday, so I need to stay diligent.

Food has been okay today. We went to Arby's for lunch. I had a gyro -- 420 calories, and the most insipid, nasty side salad, which would have been 70 calories if I had finished it. I'll have some applesauce for dinner, which should be about another 100 calories.

Today's Tip:
If you had to choose between a cheeseburger, pizza, or a salad, you would think the salad would be the healthiest choice, right? Well, not necessarily. One of the salads at Chevy's TexMex, for instance, has nearly a whole day's calories and as much fat as 19 Twinkies. It weighs in with a whopping 2,480 mg of sodium, too. Eat This, Not That has a guide that will help you understand some of the pitfalls and gives some easy tips for making better choices. Check it out at>> 15 Atrocious Salads

No comments:

Post a Comment