Saturday, January 9, 2010

Week 17, Day 5

Welcome to the 100th post here at A New Suit! Out of curiosity, I also weighed in today, and I'm at 224 which is a 35 pound loss. Only a gazillion to go to reach my goal--ha! But I'm well on my way and just need to keep going. Can't wait to get below 200! I'm a short, short woman, so it will be nice to not look so darned roly poly. And I think the lack of weight will be liberating and will make everything -- breathing, moving, exercising, LIVING -- so much easier.

Okay, time to fess up. Food: sandwich, yogurt, a cup of mac and cheese. I think I might have a bowl of veggies before bed. Exercise: leg lifts, weight work for my arms, and some bike time. Same old kind of stuff. But tomorrow the weather is supposed to be a balmy 20 degrees ABOVE zero rather than these past many days of below zero temps, so I'm headed out to do some walking. Yippy!

Today's Tip:
Sometimes the lure of fast food is really tempting, isn't it? Maybe even something simple like a fish sandwich. Doesn't have to be a fat-laden cheeseburger. Or how about some chicken nuggets? After all, some places make them with white meat, right? Or maybe a better choice would just be an energy bar or a glass of fruit juice. Well, before you give in to that hankering for the food-like substances served at fast food places, and certainly before you decide to opt for anything else, take a look at this from Eat This, Not That: http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slideshow/whats-your-food#title Somehow those nuggets just don't seem quite so tempting. Come to think of it, the fruit juice seems a bit dubious now, too. Tomorrow I'll give you some better snack ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment