Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Week 17, Day 2

I must be genetically part bear. The lovable, cuddly kind, not the I'm-going-to-maul-you-to-death kind. Definitely. We got an extra 4 inches of snow on the ground today, and the wind chill is supposed to be 35 below zero. I want to hibernate. Of course, that doesn't bode well for the whole exercise regimen. I'm tired and feel like just wrapping myself up in a blanket in front of the TV. Which is pretty much all I've done today. But I'm determined to put in some time on the bike tonight and do some upper body work. I've also been pretty good about the food today. A banana, two yogurts, a turkey and cheese sandwich. I think I'll have a bowl of soup later. So not too bad.

There's been a lot of talk today about last night's Biggest Loser. The contestants had to do a public weigh in in their home town before going to the ranch. And apparently a lot of viewers thought that wasn't appropriate. Along the lines of humiliating, cruel and unusual punishment, too dramatic, etc. I'm thinking that's kind of no big deal considering they're going to spend weeks of weigh ins on national TV. What are your thoughts about it?

Today's Tip:
Winter weather can easily sidetrack exercise plans. But seldom does a blizzard or ice storm show up out of nowhere. Plan ahead! If you can't get out to the gym or out to do your regular routine of mall-walking --or whatever your usual thing is --, know ahead of time what your snowbound plan is. No exercise equipment at home? No problem! Fifteen minutes of climbing your stairs at home will work wonders. A 5-pound bag of potatoes, cans of veggies, or a 2-liter of soda works for hand weights. Push-ups, leg lifts, jumping jacks...plenty of things don't even require equipment. Be inventive! And enjoy being inside a warm home, safe and sound. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment