Monday, November 23, 2009

Week 10, Day 7

One of the things I'm doing to offset the potential weight gain this week is shopping for Thursday a little bit each day and walking for at least an hour at the grocery store. I'm also making sure I always use the bathroom upstairs -- the climb up the stairs several extra times each day is bound to help.

I really like the activity and find that I'm getting antsy if I I don't get up, get out, and do something for my fitness each day. What a change from the sedentary soul I was a few months ago!

I've noticed, too, that my back is not hurting nearly as much as it did and my asthma symptoms are tremendously reduced. I still don't go out without my inhaler, but I only use it a few times a week instead of several times a day. The next 20 pounds gone will make an even bigger difference. I'm looking forward to it!

Today's food an exercise: cereal, sandwich, a bag of frozen peas and carrots, walking, arm work with weights and resistance bands, leg lifts.


Today's Tip:

I don't eat sugar on my cereal or oatmeal anymore. I use stevia or just let the food go naked if I can. But I miss the sweetness! Here's a tip I use (it works!) from The Biggest Loser Simple Swaps: 100 Easy Changes to Start Living a Healthier Lifestyle: Try adding sweet spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves to your favorite smoothies, cereal, yogurt, and even coffee or tea drinks. Not only do they add a delicious, sweet-spicy flavor, but they also contain antioxidants.

No comments:

Post a Comment