Sunday, April 25, 2010

62 Years and Counting. Week 32, Day 6

So how does one go about celebrating 62 years of their parents' wedded bliss? By taking their dad out for a quarter-mile walk, of course! Yup, that's what I did today. Headed to Iowa where my lovely daughter-in-heart was preparing a yummy dinner for us, went out with my dad for a walk before the meal, modeled the new skinny clothes I bought this past week, and had a wonderful visit with everyone before returning home to spend the remaining evening with Adam so he wouldn't be lonely. Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad. I love you both so much!!

Of course, as soon as I got back to Omaha, Adam headed out to spend time with his friends, so I could have just stayed over in Iowa instead of hurrying back to be with him. But that's a whole other story.... I think I shouldn't have bothered believing him and feeling really badly for him, though, when I was spending time in Iowa taking care of Dad and Adam was giving me a sob story about how bored and lonely he was without me. I have learned my lesson. (Yes...I'm a bit hurt right now. It will pass. Thank you for letting me vent.)
This coming week I have big plans. I bought myself a notebook and am developing a daily to-do list. I think part of my feeling so lost the past several months, and certainly having that feeling so intensely this past week, is because I have not been focused enough. So I am taking steps to change that. The to-do list will help. Each entry has a box next to it, and as I accomplish each task, I'll put a check in each box. At the end of each day, I'll see what I got done, put items not completed on the next day's list, and keep moving forward through the week. I've used this system in the past, and it has worked well. I haven't done it since being unemployed, but I think that was a mistake. Hopefully doing it now will help me get back on track.

I feel bloated today, and I know I've gained some weight this past week since I've been home. Although I'm in the throes of PMS, I think it's more than that. So I'm going to add stair-climbing to my walking each day. I couldn't do stair-climbing the weeks I was in Iowa, but I really need to add that back now. I need to take the weight off faster -- and I surely don't need to be putting weight on. I haven't weighed myself; I'll do that tomorrow. But whatever the gain, I need to stop it now before it goes any further and turns out to be another big mountain to conquer.

Today's Tip:
Setbacks and roadblocks happen. That's just a fact of life. What you do about it determines your ultimate success or failure. Hurt feelings? Deal with it the way you need to, then move on. Feeling lost? Figure out why, then do something to change it. Going through a period of weight gain after having lost weight? Do something to start losing again now before you little gain grows to a giant problem. Whatever it is that presents itself as an obstacle can be dealt with. Or not. Your choice. Which way do you want to live your life?




No comments:

Post a Comment