Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Week 21, Day 2

Adam's back at work today after more than a week off. It's so good to see him well again! I've taken the time alone to get out and walk at the store and spend some time on the bike here at home. It's kind of shocking what a week or so away from activity can do to muscles -- they go away quickly! Sure, I've been doing leg lifts and working with my resistance bands, but getting back on the bike was hard! But it's good to be back at the previous routine that was working for me and helping me lose weight. Onward!

Food today: eggs for breakfast, a few mini raviolis for lunch, a bowl of cereal for dinner, yogurt later on. Exercise: biking for 15 minutes, walking for 30 minutes, weight work for my arms for 10 minutes, stairs for 15 minutes.

Today's Tip:
Now that I'm able to do more and am feeling more fit, I find that I'm smiling more. And the more I smile, the more energy I have. The more energy I have, the more work I do toward my fitness goals. So today's tip is to SMILE! And with that in mind, I share this joke (it comes from Backwoods Home magazine):

In light of the rising frequency of human/grizzly bear confrontations, the Montana Department of Fish and Game is advising hikers, hunters, and fishermen to take extra precautions and be alert for bears while in the field. ...We advise that outdoorsmen wear small bells on their clothing so as not to startle bears that aren’t expecting them, and to carry pepper spray with them in case of an encounter....

It is also a good idea to watch out for fresh signs of bear activity. Outdoorsmen should recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear droppings. Black bear droppings are smaller and contain lots of berries and fur. Grizzly bear droppings have little bells in it and smell like pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment