Saturday, January 2, 2010

Week 16, Day 5

Hi Everyone! I hope your holiday weekend has been going well. Mine has been calm and a great time to rest. I haven't been focused so much on fitness and diet as I have been on rest and peace. Yesterday I asked you about goals and motivators, and my friend Claire said this coming year she wants to focus on getting more sleep. Getting enough rest is such an important part of our overall health! So I've been getting rest this weekend in preparation for hitting it really hard when Season 9 of the Biggest Loser begins this coming Tuesday.

Okay, now for the food and exercise journal. Um...food first. Breakfast was crappy. I had crackers and some leftover Hershey's kisses. Terrible, huh? Honest, though. And for dinner I had some pasta with tuna, cheese, and mixed veggies. I like this particular mix of veggies because it has red peppers, broccoli, snow peas, carrots, green beans, and cauliflower -- a nice mix of colors and flavors. As for exercise...sadly, not much. I hurt today. I think this sub-zero weather isn't helping. Even my face hurts today. And I'm really, really tired. I keep telling myself I'll do better tomorrow. But...then tomorrow turns into today and I don't get it done. Really, I need to get it done. Now that I've told you about my terrible habit of procrastination, maybe I'll have better luck at overcoming it. Let's see if I can just conquer it at least one day -- tomorrow. :)

Today's Tip:
Keeping with the idea of sleep being important to our overall health, I found some interesting information on the National Institutes of Health website. They report that the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) confirms that not getting enough sleep is tied to several health problems, including obesity. Ways to get better quality sleep, according to the CDC, include:

* Keep a regular sleep schedule.
* Avoid stimulating activities for two hours before bedtime.
* Avoid caffeine, nicotine and alcohol in the evening.
* Sleep in a dark, quiet, well-ventilated room.
* Avoid going to bed hungry.

To read more about it, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment