Friday, January 1, 2010

Week 16, Day 4

What a great way to start 2010 -- watching reruns of Season 3 from Biggest Loser. I missed Season 3 when it originally ran, so this was great! This was awesome motivation to get me completely in the mood to get going and not fall in the trap holiday eating can put us in. Wooohooo!

Now that's not to say I ate well today. LOL. I didn't do badly. But I didn't eat really well. I had 3 banana mini muffins for breakfast. Two yogurts for lunch. A really crappy Burger King hamburger for mid-afternoon snack --and believe me, I wish I hadn't. Ugh -- how do people eat those things? I didn't sleep well last night because I was babysitting Little Man and kept one ear open for him, so I was really tired today and got a soda at Burger King to load up on caffeine. Big mistake. Really, I don't know how I drank those things before. Nasty. Completely nasty. I had a couple of sips and had to throw the rest out. Anyway, for dinner I had a bowl of Italian wedding soup -- canned, and added the traditional blackeyed peas for New Years to it. Not great tasting, but who am I to argue with tradition? And the whole shebang was only about 400 calories, so it wasn't too bad. I'm guessing the whole day only cost me about 1000 calories. So I guess it wasn't too bad a start to the new year.

Little Man gave me a bit of a workout -- as always. I love the little guy to pieces. And he's old enough now that we can really interact. He brings toys to me now for us to play with. And...he runs from me when he doesn't want to do what I want him to. I can't be mad at him -- it's too cute to watch his little hiney running from me! First Son and Wifey went to Brownville, NE, last night and spent New Year's --and their 2nd anniversary -- at an elegant little bed and breakfast inn on the Missouri River. Dinner was served, their room was upgraded to the best possible, and fireworks were shot off at midnight. It was all quite festive, and I'm so glad that Adam and I were available to watch Little Man so First Son and Wifey could go spend a special anniversary together. And I'm delighted that I've come far enough in my journey to have quite efficiently taken care of an 18-month old. Six months ago I couldn't have. Again...a great way to begin the new year!

RESOLUTIONS
The temp tonight is 16 below zero -- that's the actual temp, not the wind chill. Since I have asthma, that's a concerning figure. And this is all the more reason for me to continue without ceasing on this journey. I must get in shape if only because the extremes of each season shouldn't be a life-and-death event for me. I'm not one to make a whole list of New Year's resolutions, but I am always aware of WHY I'm on this journey, why A New Suit exists. What are YOUR motivators as you enter 2010? What are YOUR hopes and dreams for the coming year -- and how can I help you achieve them? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment