Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Own Personal Time Machine.....Week 40, Day 3

Wow, 10 days since I last posted. Shame on me! But what a great 10 days it has been! Everything is going great, and I have to say, it's about stinkin' time! haha! I have that new job I told you about before, and I've been through training and start tomorrow. School is keeping my nose to the grindstone, but so far I've made A's on my quizzes. Adam has been inspired to begin his own college journey, and he is now enrolled for the Fall semester in Electronic Graphic Arts & Design. His new position as evening manager at the restaurant is going well. My weight loss is perking right along again at about 2 pounds a week. And I feel better than I have in about 15 years. It's the next best thing to jumping into a time machine! I saw my doctor yesterday, and he was completely delighted at my progress. Lesson learned -- never again will I EVER let my hormones become so very out of whack! Proper nutrition, enough rest, and a good amount of exercise are now top priorities in my life EVERY DAY!!! No slacking off, and no excuses. I hope your life is going well, too!

Exercise lately has been mostly walking in preparation for my job. I've done a bit of work with my hand weights so I don't lose strength in my arms, but otherwise, the focus has been on my legs. I suppose I'll mix it up a bit more after I get used to being on my feet at work. And I think in the Fall when the weather gets cooler, I'll just walk to work. I'm looking forward to it!

As for food, I'm still not hungry, but I have food reminders programmed into my phone so I don't forget to eat. I have a bit of a routine worked out. High fiber cereal in the morning. Turkey sandwich and yogurt in the afternoon. Big bowl of mixed veggies in the evening. And another cup of yogurt later if I'm still hungry. Sometimes I have a fruit smoothie in the afternoon to cool off, but not often. The yogurt has fruit in it, so I'm not too worried about getting enough fruit. Cheating? Yup, I do that now and then. Last week I had a chili cheese dog. And about 2 o'clock in the morning I spent an hour in the bathroom with my body threatening to violently fling disgusting liquids out of various portals. Was it worth the pain? Well...as I was eating it, I would have said absolutely yes. At 2 o'clock in the morning, not so much. But I suspect I'll cheat again now and then. But maybe with cake or ice cream instead.

Today's Tip:
Did you ever wonder which is really most effective, diet or exercise? Women's Health magazine has addressed this question and has a feature on their website that evaluates the effectiveness of both diet and exercise in losing weight, fighting disease, and boosting overall well-being. Check out "Get Fit: Diet Vs. Exercise" at >>> http://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/exercise-and-diet?cm_mmc=Newsletter-_-2010_Jun_11-_-Dose-_-readon

No comments:

Post a Comment