Monday, April 12, 2010

Naughty Weight Fairy, Week 30, Day 7

I completely understand why they say you shouldn't weigh yourself every day. It's discouraging when you have a day that has a weight increase. Today I'm up 3 pounds. Three pounds! How did that happen? I don't get it! Three pounds is a huge increase! All I ate yesterday was some crackers, yogurt, and a 6-oz smoothie. How could three pounds just suddenly appear overnight, especially when all week I've been losing at least a pound a day? Ugh...it's not fair. Not fair at all. The Weight Fairy pooped on my party, and I'm am totally not her friend today.

I drowned my sorrows with some creamed chicken for lunch. I'm still not able to chew anything, and the chicken was in small enough pieces I could swallow it whole. I had some mashed potatoes, too (no gravy, of course). It was nice to have something substantial in my stomach for a change. It's been a couple of weeks since I've actually felt full. I've done some walking today and some leg lifts and squats. It's only mid-afternoon, so I'm sure there will be more I'll do before the day is over. Three pounds gained or not, my slacks are beginning to feel a bit loose, so whatever I'm doing is at least working a little, and I want to keep the momentum going.

Today's Tip:
Obviously, the people who say you shouldn't weigh every day are right. Listen to them! Pick one day a week to weigh in, and then don't give in to the temptation to step on the scales in between times. Trust me -- it really is a morale-buster when you have a day that's not good! Just stick with the once-a-week routine, and remember that slow and steady wins the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment